March 19-25, 2013
We got a great weekly rate at the Titusville Municipal Marina, rented a car and had a ball! Titusville is a struggling town in the aftermath of the cancellation of the space shuttle program, but there is a lot to do and see in the area.
- Saw a rocket launch (a “communications”, aka spy satellite) from Cape Canaveral
- Toured Kennedy Space Center and Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Saw hundreds of birds at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, including a few new ones for me. And other wildlife like feral pigs.
- Saw the Air Force Thunderbirds at the annual Warbirds Air Show
- Enjoyed a whirlwind two-day trip to Orlando – Disney World and Universal (Harry Potter!)
- Great shrimp at the famous Dixie Crossroads – twice!
- Once again, a harbor full of manatees
- Craig finally ditched his Blackberry and got a new iPhone!
- And while we were having fun, got all the exterior brightwork refinished on the boat (that’s the exterior wood trim)